Bangladesh is one of the most rewarding places to visit for intrepid travelers who like to get well off the beaten track. If you are into portrait photography you will love the people of Bangladesh and they sure will love you. While there are at least 100 reasons to visit Bangladesh, here are 10 to think about. (Click link above to see photos).
1. Bangladesh has among the most friendly and hospitable people in the world.
2. If you are into portrait photography, you will have a very productive time. People are very photogenic and love to have their photos taken.
3. Taking a 24-hour ride down the Ganges River on the century old Rocket Steamer is a very memorable experience.
4. Visiting the slums of old Dhaka is a cultural shock and an eye opener. You will start to appreciate your life more than ever before.
5. Go hiking in the Chittagong Hill Tracts with a (compulsory) 6-man team of armoured guards.
6. Explore the Ganges-Brahmaputra Delta by small boat and find many fairly isolated communities who have never seen Western people – or any non-Asians for that matter.
7. Go on a boat trip through the Sundarbans – the largest single block of tidal halophytic mangrove forest in the world. Watch out for the Bengal tigers, aquatic mammals, birds and reptiles.
8. Bangladesh has some of the most authentic fresh markets and food in the world. Don’t think twice – let your stomach have no borders!
9. Visit the Chittagong Ship Breaking Yards to gain a better understanding why the average tourist and journalist are not allowed nearby. Feel sorry for the teenagers, and everybody else, doing backbreaking working for just US$1-$3 a day with little protection for their eyes and hands.
10. Meet the poor and underprivileged yet very friendly people. Bring many smiles to their day and they will give you a new meaning to your own life of challenges.